Name of AETO:
5 St Andrews Hill
Head of AETO:
David Josse QC
Address of AETO:
5 St Andrews Hill
Main practice area:
Crime and Family
Crime; Extradition; Family; Civil; Public Law; Immigration; Inquiries and Inquests; Regulatory and disciplinary; Proceeds of Crime; Asset Tracing & Recovery
Public Access Work; Pro Bono
Number of junior tenancies (in the last three years):
Number of pupillages:
Financial support level:
£30,000 - £39,999
7 February 2018 at 11:00 AM
Pupillage start date:
12 month pupillage
Chambers is a specialist multi practice set. Although the bulk of our work is criminal, we also undertake extradition, asset recovery, family and civil law. Whilst this is a criminal pupillage, there will be opportunities for pupils to undertake part of their pupillage with pupil supervisors who practice in these other practice areas.
The majority of the work undertaken by chambers is in the London and South East Area.
Pupillage is usually divided into 3 periods of 4 months with 3 different pupil supervisors.
Pupils will be paid Â£20,000 for the first six months with guaranteed earnings of Â£15,000 in the second 6 months. Pupils also receive travel costs for any travel outside of the M25 during their first 6 months.
We offer a friendly, sociable and diverse working environment within an historic building with modern facilities near the Old Bailey.
The following questions will form the Pupillage Application Questionnaire section
of the application form for this pupillage vacancy. These are included here to allow
you to prepare in advance.
- BC1: Why do you believe you will make a good barrister? In your answer, please identify any relevant experiences or skills that you believe may help you in your career (200 words)
- Why do you want to join our chambers? In your answer, please give reasons for your choice of chambers and explain why you are interested in our areas of practice. (200 words)
- Can you provide examples of your ability to work independently/alone as well as part of a team? (200 words)
- Can you provide examples of how you have proven your commitment to a career at the independent Bar? (200 words)
- Where would you like your career to be in 5 years time? (200 words)
- What do you see as the biggest challenges to the criminal justice system in the next 5 years and how do you think they could impact on your practice? (200 words)
To apply, please click on the Apply Online link below and then complete the online application form.