This vacancy has now closed and is listed for reference only.
Criminal Defence Solicitors - 12 months - December 2019
Name of chambers:
Criminal Defence Solicitors
Head of Chambers:
Address of chambers:
11-15 St Mary At Hill
Chambers website address:
Main practice area:
Extradition; Crime; Employed bar
Number of junior tenancies (in the last three years):
Number of pupillages:
Financial support level:
£20,000 - £29,999
11 February 2019 at 11:00 AM
Pupillage start date:
20 December 2019
12 month pupillage
Criminal Defence Solicitors is a friendly and expanding firm. We are a predominantly legal aid practice specialising in criminal law, covering the full spectrum of criminal allegations from road traffic offences to murder. The successful applicant will have direct access to clients and will be able to experience advocacy at all levels within a relatively short period of time, subject to the successful development and supervision of his/her training.
Ideally candidates will have obtained 6 months experience working within a law firm or chambers specialising in criminal law, or will be fully accredited as a police station representative.
The following questions will form the Pupillage Application Questionnaire section
of the application form for this pupillage vacancy. These are included here to allow
you to prepare in advance.
- BC1: Why do you believe you will make a good barrister? In your answer, please identify any relevant experiences or skills that you believe may help you in your career (200 words)
- Why do you wish to become a barrister? (200 words)
- Please identify any additional experience/skills gained that you believe may help you in your career (200 words)
- What areas of practice are you interested in and why? (200 words)
- Give reasons for your choice of chambers (200 words)
To apply, please click on the Apply Online link below and then complete the online application form.