Name of chambers:
Head of Chambers:
Richard Thompson and Sally Collins
Address of chambers:
7-9 Bishop Lane
Chambers website address:
Criminal; Family; Crime; Civil
Number of junior tenancies (in the last three years):
Number of pupillages:
Financial support level:
£12,000 - £19,999
7 February 2019 at 11:00 AM
Pupillage start date:
2 September 2019
12 month pupillage
Wilberforce Chambers is a well-regarded common law set whose members practise primarily in Civil, Crime and Family Law. The pupillage offered is for 12 months with a view to tenancy. The pupillage award for the first six months will be £6,000 with guaranteed earnings of at least £6,000 for the second six months.
The pupillage will normally be split between two of our areas of speciality. Pupils are also generally expected to accompany a number of different barristers of all levels during pupillage and undertake work for members of Chambers in their respective fields.
The following questions will form the Pupillage Application Questionnaire section
of the application form for this pupillage vacancy. These are included here to allow
you to prepare in advance.
- BC1: Why do you believe you will make a good barrister? In your answer, please identify any relevant experiences or skills that you believe may help you in your career (200 words)
- BC2: Why do you want to join our chambers? In your answer, please give reasons for your choice of chambers and explain why you are interested in our areas of practice (200 words)
- Why would you like to pursue a career at the Bar? (200 words)
- Please give details of your advocacy experience (up to four examples). This can include mooting, debating, public speaking, written advocacy or any other relevant experience. (200 words)
- What can you bring to Wilberforce Chambers? (200 words)
To apply, please click on the Apply Online link below and then complete the online application form.