Name of chambers:
23 Essex Street
Head of Chambers:
John Price QC & Cairns Nelson QC
Address of chambers:
23 Essex Street
Chambers website address:
Crime; Commercial; Regulatory
Public access work; Arbitration and mediation
South eastern; Midlands; Northern
Number of junior tenancies (in the last three years):
Number of pupillages:
Financial support level:
£20,000 - £29,999
14 February 2019 at 12:59 PM
Pupillage start date:
12 month pupillage
23 Essex Street is one of the largest and most respected criminal chambers with a national presence. Two criminal law pupillages will be offered beginning in the autumn of 2019, based with our Criminal Team in London. These pupillages will be funded, with each pupil receiving funding of at least £25,000 gross during the course of pupillage, comprising £15,000 payable monthly in advance over six months, plus a guaranteed minimum second six months’ earnings of £10,000. Chambers runs an in-house advocacy & practice management course and supports pupils with their external compulsory training.
Please apply directly to Chambers as follows.
PLEASE READ AND FOLLOW THESE INSTRUCTIONS CAREFULLY
1. Please apply by email to email@example.com
2. The email should be headed: “SURNAME First Name – CRIME Pupillage Application”, Your application email should have 3 attachments:
i) Letter (File Name: “SURNAME First Name – Letter”) in PDF format
ii) Application Form (File Name: “SURNAME First Name – Application Form”
iii) Equal Opportunity Form (File Name: “SURNAME Name – Equal Opportunity Form”)
3. The letter is your opportunity to explain why, in your view, we should offer you an interview. The body of the letter should not exceed 400 words and should be submitted as a PDF.
4. The Application Form should be downloaded from this website. Please do not exceed the 2 pages allowed.
5. The Equal Opportunities Form should be downloaded from the website. This is required to be completed by our regulators. It will be kept separate and will not feature in any decision to interview or recruit.
6. Please submit your application by 13.00 on 14th February 2019. Applications submitted after this time may not be accepted.
Full details of how to apply and the forms can be found on our website here.
First interviews will take place in March 2019 and Second interviews in April 2019. We aim to make offers of pupillage to the selected candidates by 29th April 2019.