This vacancy has now closed and is listed for reference only.
9 St John Street Chambers - 12 months - September 2021
Name of chambers:
9 St John Street Chambers
Head of Chambers:
Christopher Kennedy QC
Address of chambers:
9 St. John Street
Chambers website address:
Personal Injury; Family; Insurance; Criminal; Crime; Commercial; Chancery; Employment; Business; Property; Clinical Negligence; Regulatory; Professional Discipline; International Law; Travel and International Personal Injury Law
Mediation; Public Access Work
Number of junior tenancies (in the last three years):
Number of pupillages:
Financial support level:
£20,000 - £29,999
7 February 2020 at 11:00 AM
Pupillage start date:
12 month pupillage
Chambers intends to recruit two pupils in Family and Personal Injury to commence in Autumn 2021 or possibly sooner.
The following questions will form the Pupillage Application Questionnaire section
of the application form for this pupillage vacancy. These are included here to allow
you to prepare in advance.
- Chambers intends to recruit into the areas of Personal Injury and Family. Please set out your preference of practice area. (200 words)
- Why do you believe you will make a good barrister? In you answer, please identify any relevant experiences or skills that you believe may help in your career. (200 words)
- Why do you wish to become a barrister? (200 words)
- Give reasons for your choice of chambers. (100 words)
- Please identify any experiences / skills gained that you believe may help you in your career. (200 words)
- What do you consider to be the major threats to the self employed bar? (300 words)
- Please add anything further you would like us to take into consideration with reference to the marking scheme criteria set out in our policy which can be found on our website. Please do not use this section to repeat any information provided elsewhere on the application form. (300 words)
To apply, please click on the Apply Online link below and then complete the online application form.