Described by the Legal 500 as ‘a go-to set’ for Chancery and commercial work, Radcliffe Chambers is a modern set of chambers based in Lincoln’s Inn. We have 63 barristers, including 11 QCs, with many recommendations in the current editions of Chambers & Partners and The Legal 500 directories. The achievements of Chambers and its individual members have been recognised in recent years in the Chambers UK Bar awards, The UK Diversity Legal awards, STEP private client awards, The Lawyer awards, The British Legal awards and The Legal Cheek awards. We have won numerous awards, including Diversity and Inclusion Initiative of the Year at the UK Legal Diversity Awards 2018. Alongside this, winning Chambers of the Year at the Legal Cheek Awards 2019 is one of our most important achievements.
Our members undertake a wide range of Chancery and Commercial work and we aim to give our pupils as much exposure to our different practice areas as possible During pupillage, pupils will sit with four different supervisors across different practice areas and will also work with a number of other members, assisting them with their cases. From attending court with our QCs to writing opinions and drafting documents in a wide range of matters, pupils will experience the full spectrum of life at the Chancery Bar.
We also have a long-established reputation as a friendly and welcoming Chambers, and while we expect pupils’ work to be of the highest quality, members are always willing to share the benefit of their legal knowledge and experience.
Our selection criteria
We are looking for applicants who can demonstrate the following:
• Intellect – Being a barrister is intellectually challenging, so make sure your application highlights your academic achievements
• Commerciality – We think a deep understanding of the issues affecting our clients is crucial to providing the best possible service
• Persuasiveness – You must have the potential to become an outstanding advocate, as evidenced through strong public speaking experience
• Credibility – We value personal impact and the ability to build long-lasting, collaborative relationships with clients and within chambers
• Commitment – We are looking for pupils who have strong reasons for applying to Radcliffe Chambers, and for wanting to become a chancery/commercial barrister
Awards and Training
We pride ourselves on the training we give our pupils, under the supervision of experienced and successful practitioners.
For the pupillage year commencing October 2022, we will offer up to two 12-month pupillages, each of which carries a pupillage award of £60,000, plus any earnings generated during the second six months of pupillage, when you should expect to be undertaking your own caseload as well as completing your pupillage training. We are willing to consider any request for part of the pupillage award to be drawn down during the BPTC year.
Chambers also pays for all training courses required during pupillage and provides other in-house training.
If you need further information on our application process, please visit our website