Name of AETO:
Field Court Chambers
Head of AETO:
Address of AETO:
5 Field Court
Business; Family; Property; Housing and Social Welfare; Court of Protection; Public Law
London; South eastern
Number of junior tenancies (in the last three years):
Number of pupillages:
Financial support level:
£40,000 - £49,999
8 February 2021 at 11:00 AM
Pupillage start date:
12 month pupillage
Field Court Chambers is a leading 55-tenant set. Our barristers appear in all superior courts (including the Judicial Committee of the Privy Council), as well as the County Court, Family Court, Court of Protection and a wide range of tribunals. Seven of our members hold part-time judicial appointments.
We undertake a wide range of work that can be broadly categorised as:
• Business: including commercial/company, insolvency, media & entertainment, employment and professional negligence
• Family Law: all areas including domestic and international litigation involving financial provision/remedies, child arrangements and section 8 orders, domestic violence, abduction, adoption, surrogacy and care proceedings
• Housing: possession and eviction, homelessness, allocations and judicial review, anti-social behaviour, housing conditions and service charges, housing policy and regulation
• Property: all areas including landlord and tenant, real property, trusts of land, contentious probate, succession & inheritance matters
• Public law & Court of Protection: judicial review, local government, inquests/ inquiries and election law
Clients cover the spectrum of individuals, partnerships and LLPs, commercial entities and public institutions and local, national and international governments.
We are ranked as a set by Chambers and Partners and Legal 500 for the expertise of our housing group. The legal directories also recognise the abilities of individual members in specialist areas such as community care, election law, family: children and financial remedies, local government and media & entertainment.
Our members are frequently involved in diverse high-profile disputes. In 2020, two of our barristers were nominated for Bar Pro Bono awards. For more details see http://fieldcourt.co.uk/
About pupillage with us
Pupillage is divided into three or four seats, with supervisors chosen to ensure you experience the full range of our practice areas. As a pupil, this means you will be exposed to a varied and interesting workload allowing you to experience a wide range of litigation. In your second six you can expect to go to court regularly, acting on a wide variety of matters. By and large these will be your own cases, rather than instruction as a junior to other members of Chambers. Generally our pupils’ applications for tenancy are successful.
Field Court does not participate in the Pupillage Gateway. Accordingly, please apply between 4 January and 8 February 2021 using the Field Court Chambers Application Form. The form will be available on our website
when the application process opens on 4 January 2021. Please send your completed application form and a formal record of your degree grades to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have any difficulties downloading the form, please contact email@example.com. Interviews will take place in April 2021 and offers will be made on 7 May 2021.