Name of AETO:
9 St John Street Chambers
Head of AETO:
Christopher Kennedy QC
Address of AETO:
9 St. John Street
Personal Injury; Family; Insurance; Test Crime; Crime; Commercial; Chancery; Employment; Business; Property; Clinical Negligence; Regulatory; Professional Discipline; International Law; Travel and International Personal Injury Law
Mediation; Public Access Work
Number of junior tenancies (in the last three years):
Number of pupillages:
Financial support level:
£30,000 - £39,999
8 February 2021 at 11:00 AM
Pupillage start date:
12 month pupillage
9 St John Street Chambers is one of the leading Chambers outside London. The legal directories regularly place us amongst the top Chambers of the North, and 9 St John Street Chambers is recognised by both Chambers and Partners, and The Legal 500 both as a set and across the practice groups. We currently have 9 Silks and 101 Juniors.
Chambers is organised into specialist practice groups: Commercial & Property, Crime, Employment, Family, Health & Safety, Personal Injury, Insurance Fraud and Travel Law.
Pupillages are only offered in areas in which Chambers believes new tenants are required.
We anticipate that we will be recruiting two new pupils for Autumn 2022 into our Commercial/Business and Property and Criminal Teams.
The following questions will form the Pupillage Application Questionnaire section
of the application form for this pupillage vacancy. These are included here to allow
you to prepare in advance.
- Why do you wish to become a barrister? (200 words)
- Why do you believe you will make a good barrister? (100 words)
- Please identify any experiences / skills gained that you believe may help you in your career. (200 words)
- What do you consider to be the major threats to the self employed bar? (300 words)
- Give reasons for your choice of chambers. (100 words)
- Chambers intends to recruit into the practice areas of Commercial/Business and Property and Crime. Please indicate your preference. (100 words)
To apply, please click on the Apply Online link below and then complete the online application form.