Name of AETO:
Head of AETO:
Mr Duncan Bould
Address of AETO:
1 Stanley Place
Main practice area:
General Common Law
Test Crime; Family; Civil; Chancery; Employment; Regulatory
Public Access Work; Mediation; Pro Bono
Northern; Wales & chester
Number of junior tenancies (in the last three years):
Number of pupillages:
Financial support level:
£12,000 - £19,999
8 February 2021 at 11:00 AM
Pupillage start date:
12 month pupillage
Linenhall Chambers is recruiting two pupils to begin pupillage in September/October 2021. We are offering two mixed practice pupillages. Linenhall is the only Chambers based solely in Chester. Linenhall comprises of 68 barristers and 8 QCs. We take instructions in all aspects of criminal, family and civil law. Our barristers cover work mainly, but not exclusively, across North and Mid Wales, the North West, Shropshire and Herefordshire. Linenhall also accepts Direct Access work.
Each pupillage will last for 12 months. During the first six months pupils will spend time with their supervisor in court and will be set tasks and receive training in written work and case preparation. In their second six months, the pupils will appear in court as well as undertake advisory work and drafting.
The pupillage award for 2021 will be £17,227.92, £8,613.96 of which will be paid on a monthly basis over the course of the first six months and £8,613.96 over the course of the second six months by way of guaranteed earnings.
Applications are accepted via the Pupillage Gateway.
Linenhall Chambers is committed to equal opportunities and the Equality and Diversity Code for the Bar.
The following questions will form the Pupillage Application Questionnaire section
of the application form for this pupillage vacancy. These are included here to allow
you to prepare in advance.
- BC1: Why do you believe you will make a good barrister? In your answer, please identify any relevant experiences or skills that you believe may help you in your career (200 words)
- BC2: Why do you want to join our chambers? In your answer, please give reasons for your choice of chambers and explain why you are interested in our areas of practice (200 words)
- Which area or areas of law are you particularly interested in practising in, and why? (100 words)
- Please identify any additional experiences / skills gained that you believe may help you in your career. (150 words)
- Which skills and characteristics are the hallmarks of a good advocate? (200 words)
- What is the greatest challenge you have faced so far? (200 words)
- If there is anything else you would like us to know about you, please tell us here (200 words)
To apply, please click on the Apply Online link below and then complete the online application form.