Name of AETO:
New Park Court Chambers
Head of AETO:
Robert Smith QC
Address of AETO:
16 Park Place
Main practice area:
Test Crime; Crime; Civil; Family; Regulatory
Public Access Work; Pro Bono; Mediation
Number of junior tenancies (in the last three years):
Number of pupillages:
Financial support level:
£12,000 - £19,999
8 February 2021 at 11:00 AM
Pupillage start date:
5 September 2022
12 month pupillage
New Park Court Chambers is one of the premiere sets in the North East. We are home to a number of the leading practitioners raised from within our own ranks. It is a tradition we take pride in and wish to continue.
To that end we are offering a pupillage to begin in September 2022 to an outstanding candidate. The pupillage will guarantee a comprehensive well supported common law education, which will include an introduction and grounding in serious crime and regulatory enforcement. An education which has proved successful in our recent recruitment, development and expansion.
We are a supportive set, keen to develop the individual and promote diversity.
The following questions will form the Pupillage Application Questionnaire section
of the application form for this pupillage vacancy. These are included here to allow
you to prepare in advance.
- BC1: Why do you believe you will make a good barrister? In your answer, please identify any relevant experiences or skills that you believe may help you in your career (200 words)
- BC2: Why do you want to join our chambers? In your answer, please give reasons for your choice of chambers and explain why you are interested in our areas of practice (200 words)
- Which skills and characteristics are the hallmarks of a good advocate? (200 words)
- If there is anything else you would like us to know about you, please tell us here (200 words)
- Please tell us about your journey to the profession. In your answer please set out any obstacles or challenges that you have felt you have encountered and, where you have been able to, how you overcame them or attempted to do so (100 words)
- What is the greatest challenge you have faced so far other than those related to coming to the profession? (100 words)
- What areas of practice are you interested in and why? Please explain the reasons for your choices with evidence where possible (100 words)