Name of AETO:
33 Bedford Row
Head of AETO:
David Nathan QC and Neil Mercer
Address of AETO:
33 Bedford Row
Main practice area:
Civil; Test Crime; Family; International Law; Common Law; Crime; Immigration
South eastern; London
Number of junior tenancies (in the last three years):
Number of pupillages:
Financial support level:
£20,000 - £29,999
8 February 2021 at 11:00 AM
Pupillage start date:
12 month pupillage
Founded in 1980, 33 Bedford Row has grown to become a leading common law set offering outstanding legal advice and advocacy in Civil, Criminal, Family, Immigration and Regulatory law at all levels and including work with an international element. We consist of over 80 independent specialist advocates including distinguished silks.
Pupils at 33 Bedford Row have the opportunity to experience all of Chambers’ practice areas and in second six can expect to have busy diaries conducting work in the County and Magistrates’ Courts.
In-house advocacy training is provided throughout pupillage and our aim is to help our pupils develop the skills they need to become exceptional advocates.
We offer a friendly and supportive environment and, in addition to having experienced pupil supervisors, a pupil will be assisted by a mentor appointed from amongst our more junior tenants. Chambers has a good track record of offering tenancy upon the successful completion of pupillage.
The following questions will form the Pupillage Application Questionnaire section
of the application form for this pupillage vacancy. These are included here to allow
you to prepare in advance.
- BC1: Why do you believe you will make a good barrister? In your answer, please identify any relevant experiences or skills that you believe may help you in your career (200 words)
- BC2: Why do you want to join our chambers? In your answer, please give reasons for your choice of chambers and explain why you are interested in our areas of practice (200 words)
- Which skills and characteristics are the hallmarks of a good advocate? (200 words)
- What is the greatest challenge you have faced so far? (200 words)
- How would your friends describe you? (200 words)
- If there is anything else you would like us to know about you, please tell us here (200 words)
To apply, please click on the Apply Online link below and then complete the online application form.