Name of AETO:
11 King's Bench Walk
Head of AETO:
James Goudie QC
Address of AETO:
11 King's Bench Walk
Main practice area:
Public Law; Education; European Law; Civil; Commercial; Information Technology; Sports law; Employment; Procurement
Number of junior tenancies (in the last three years):
Number of pupillages:
Financial support level:
£60,000 - £100,000
9 February 2022 at 2:00 PM
Pupillage start date:
3 October 2022
12 month pupillage
11KBW is a specialist civil law set providing high quality advice and advocacy to a wide range of private and public sector clients, both claimants and defendants.
Types of work undertaken
Pupils can expect to gain a range of experience across the following areas; public law and human rights; employment and discrimination law; commercial law; European community law; data protection; information law, media & data privacy, public procurement, partnership, professional discipline and regulatory law and sports law.
The great majority of tenants are recruited from those who have done a 12 month pupillage here. We offer pupillages only to those who we believe have the potential to become tenants and our policy is to offer tenancy to all pupils who meet the required standard during their pupillage. We place a high premium on outstanding intellectual ability, but we are also looking for the strong advocacy skills, determination and practical common sense that will lead to a successful practice. 11KBW is a member of the Pupillage Gateway. Applications for pupillage commencing October 2023 should be made via Pupillage Gateway between 5 January - 9 February 2022 (although we accept deferred applications). Interviews will be held in April 2022 and offers of pupillage made in accordance with the Pupillage Gateway timetable. We require applicants for pupillage to do an assessed mini-pupillage in chambers. When we make pupillage selection decisions we take into account performance in assessed mini-pupillages, together with Pupillage Gateway application forms and performance at interview. Applicants must have a first or good upper second class degree (in any academic field).
We offer a Pupillage Award of £65,000 (up to £15,000 of the pupillage award may be paid to prospective pupils as an advance in their BPTC year).
The following questions will form the Pupillage Application Questionnaire section
of the application form for this pupillage vacancy. These are included here to allow
you to prepare in advance.
- Which skills and characteristics are the hallmarks of a good advocate? (200 words)
- What is the greatest challenge you have faced so far? (200 words)
- If there is anything else you would like us to know about you, please tell us here (200 words)
- How would your friends describe you? (200 words)
- BC1: Why do you believe you will make a good barrister? In your answer, please identify any relevant experiences or skills that you believe may help you in your career (200 words)
- BC2: Why do you want to join our chambers? In your answer, please give reasons for your choice of chambers and explain why you are interested in our areas of practice (200 words)
To apply, please click on the Apply Online link below and then complete the online application form.