Name of AETO:
Head of AETO:
Address of AETO:
4-6 Cook Street
Employment; Family; Commercial and Chancery; Common Law; Crime
Public Access Work
Number of junior tenancies (in the last three years):
Number of pupillages:
Financial support level:
£30,000 - £39,999
9 February 2022 at 2:00 PM
Pupillage start date:
9 October 2023
12 month pupillage
Atlantic Chambers will have three pupillages available commencing in October 2023; one common law, one chancery law and one family law.
The pupillage award will be £30,000.00. £12,000.00 of this award will be paid to pupils in their first six with the remaining £18,000.00 in guaranteed earnings during the second six.
Any candidate making an application for the family law pupillage will be deemed available to commence in October 2022 or October 2023.
The following questions will form the Pupillage Application Questionnaire section
of the application form for this pupillage vacancy. These are included here to allow
you to prepare in advance.
- BC1: Why do you believe you will make a good barrister? In your answer, please identify any relevant experiences or skills that you believe may help you in your career (200 words)
- BC2: Why do you want to join our chambers? In your answer, please give reasons for your choice of chambers and explain why you are interested in our areas of practice (200 words)
- Why do you want to practise at the Bar in Liverpool as opposed to anywhere else? (100 words)
- Which skills and characteristics are the hallmarks of a good advocate? (200 words)
- What is the greatest challenge you have faced so far? (200 words)
- How would your friends describe you? (200 words)
- If there is anything else you would like us to know about you, please tell us here (200 words)
To apply, please click on the Apply Online link below and then complete the online application form.