Name of AETO:
St Ives Chambers
Head of AETO:
Elizabeth Isaacs QC
Address of AETO:
1-3 Whittall Street
Main practice area:
Mixed Common Law
Family; Civil; Crime
Public Access Work; Arbitration; Mediation
Number of junior tenancies (in the last three years):
Number of pupillages:
Financial support level:
£30,000 - £39,999
9 February 2022 at 2:00 PM
Pupillage start date:
3 October 2022
12 month pupillage
St Ives Chambers is a successful common law set situated in the heart of Birmingham. We have continued to recruit pupils and tenants throughout 2020 and 2021.
Chambers is well established on the Midland Circuit as a leading set with expertise in Family, Civil and Criminal Law. We have a strong reputation in ADR and mediation.
Chambers is committed to providing pupils with a thorough and well-structured training programme designed to equip them with the skills necessary in both oral and written advocacy to enable them to build a successful practice.
We have 82 tenants and 16 door tenants, which includes 10 silks many of whom appear in some of the most significant cases in their field of expertise. We continue to be ranked as a leading set in in the Legal 500 and Chambers and Partners and are proud to be a leading set.
St Ives offers:
• A dynamic and modern set rooted in proud traditions.
• A clear career path. A number of members have taken silk whilst practising at St Ives and many have gone on to part-time and full-time judicial appointments.
• Skilled and knowledgeable practice managers with a thorough understanding of their clerking areas.
• A dedicated professional management support team, including dedicated fees and billing clerks.
• An inclusive Chambers, committed to equality and diversity and assimilating the Free Bar Charter guidance into our everyday practices.
Chambers is offering up to three pupillages. Candidates are invited to consult Chambers’ website for details about pupillage when the recruitment timetable opens at 11am on 5 January 2022.
Applications are treated in the strictest confidence.
Applications will open at 11am on 5 January 2022.
Details of how to apply for pupillage at St Ives Chambers can be found on our website www.stiveschambers.co.uk via the ‘About’ tab and Pupillage sections.
Enquiries should be made directly to Chambers via email: email@example.com or by phone on: 0121 236 0863.