Name of AETO:
Fountain Chambers Middlesbrough
Head of AETO:
Address of AETO:
Cleveland Business Centre, 1 Watson Street
Crime; Family; Mental Health & Court of Protection; Civil; Employment; Inquiries and Inquests; Police
Mediation; Public Access Work
North eastern; Northern
Number of junior tenancies (in the last three years):
Number of pupillages:
Financial support level:
£20,000 - £29,999
9 February 2022 at 2:00 PM
Pupillage start date:
5 September 2022
12 month pupillage
Fountain Chambers is a progressive set of barristers in the North East of England with a forward-thinking outlook and a friendly atmosphere. Chambers work across several practice areas, but are currently looking for one pupil to specialise in family law and another pupil to specialise in criminal law. You are required to state in your application which pupillage you seek.
We aim to make pupillage an instructive and enjoyable experience in which our pupils see a variety of work within their chosen practice area. Pupils will be provided with regular feedback throughout. Chambers is committed to offering the highest level of support and training, and pupils will be supported to develop a thriving practice in their chosen practice area.
Applicants should be hard-working, determined and able to show a genuine interest in their chosen practice area. Both pupillages are offered with a view to tenancy. We are therefore looking for pupils who are committed to practising and remaining in the local area following completion of pupillage. We expect applicants to address in their application why they wish to practice in our local area and particularly why they wish to complete pupillage at Fountain Chambers.
The following questions will form the Pupillage Application Questionnaire section
of the application form for this pupillage vacancy. These are included here to allow
you to prepare in advance.
- BC1 - Why do you wish to become a barrister? (200 words)
- BC4 - Why do you believe you will make a good barrister? In your answer, please identify any relevant experiences or skills that you believe may help you in your career. (200 words)
- What is the greatest challenge you have faced so far? (200 words)
- Do you wish your application to be considered under the Disability Confident Scheme? Please state Yes or No. (100 words)
- Why do you want to practise from Middlesbrough? (200 words)
- Which pupillage are you applying for and why ? Give reasons for your choice of practice area. (200 words)
- Why do you want to practise at Fountain Chambers? (200 words)
To apply, please click on the Apply Online link below and then complete the online application form.