Name of AETO:
Head of AETO:
Address of AETO:
7-9 Bishop Lane
Main practice area:
Family and crime
Test Crime; Family; Crime; Civil
Number of junior tenancies (in the last three years):
Number of pupillages:
Financial support level:
£12,000 - £19,999
9 February 2022 at 2:00 PM
Pupillage start date:
5 September 2022
12 month pupillage
We are a prominent and progressive set on the North Eastern Circuit and the most established set of chambers in Hull.
Chambers is located in very close proximity to the courts and law firms in Hull City Centre. We have strong links with the legal community on the south bank of the Humber in Grimsby and Scunthorpe and receive instructions from clients outside of the Humberside area.
Chambers has an experienced and knowledgeable clerking team managing a varied caseload in all disciplines that continues to increase in both volume and complexity. The opportunity for practice development throughout your career to judicial appointment is well established over a period approaching 60 years of advocacy for the Humber legal community. The strength of chambers and exceptional abilities of its members continues as endorsed by the Legal 500.
We are seeking to recruit at least two pupils to join our exceptionally busy team. Our pupils will undertake a mixed pupillage in civil, criminal and family work.
During your pupillage you will be allocated one pupil supervisor with the opportunity to spend time with other members of chambers in various different practice areas. We make every effort to tailor pupillage to the specific interests of the pupil, however with a focus on ensuring that you have experience of all areas of law.
We recruit pupils with a view to tenancy. If you are taken on at the end of your pupillage, you can expect a dynamic and busy practice alongside continued support from your supervisor and all members of chambers and staff.
The following questions will form the Pupillage Application Questionnaire section
of the application form for this pupillage vacancy. These are included here to allow
you to prepare in advance.
- 1. Why do you believe you will make a good barrister? In your answer, please identify any relevant experiences or skills that you believe may help you in your career. (200 words)
- 2. Why do you want to join our chambers? In your answer, please give reasons for your choice of chambers and explain why you are interested in our areas of practice. (200 words)
- 3. Please give details of your advocacy experience. In your answer, please provide a maximum of four examples. (200 words)
- 4. Why do you wish to pursue a career at the bar? In your answer, please set out what it is about the job that appeals to you and the reasons why. (200 words)
- 5. Please provide details of your interests and any non-work related involvement. If such experiences are relevant to a career at the bar, please explain in what way. (200 words)
To apply, please click on the Apply Online link below and then complete the online application form.