Name of AETO:
Head of AETO:
David Brooke QC
Address of AETO:
The Engine House
1 Foundry Square
Main practice area:
Civil; Family; Employment; Immigration; Police; Crime; Inquiries and Inquests
Public Access Work; Pro Bono; Mediation
Number of junior tenancies (in the last three years):
Number of pupillages:
Financial support level:
£20,000 - £29,999
9 February 2022 at 2:00 PM
Pupillage start date:
4 September 2023
12 month pupillage
KBW Chambers is a multi-disciplinary set with a long-established reputation for excellence both on Circuit and nationally.
We have a large criminal team (both prosecuting and defending at all levels) with members of Chambers undertaking complex, sensitive and high-profile cases across the North Eastern Circuit and elsewhere.
We also have specialist civil, employment, family, inquests and public inquiries, immigration and police law teams, with members of Chambers recommended across all practice areas.
KBW Chambers invites applications for two 12 month pupillages commencing September 2023.
During a mixed pupillage, pupils will be exposed to all areas of practice undertaken in Chambers whilst retaining a single pupil supervisor.
Our pupils are expected to travel across Circuit during pupillage and we have a strong commitment to pupillage education and training.
We offer pupils a grant of £14,000, which is supplemented by guaranteed earnings of £6,000, and we do not deduct rent or contributions, nor recoup any grant payments, from pupils’ earnings.
All pupillages at KBW are offered with a view to offering tenancy if pupillage is completed satisfactorily.
KBW are committed to ensuring that all applications are treated fairly irrespective of age, sex, race, religion or belief, sexual orientation, disability, gender reassignment or socio-economic background and we particularly encourage and welcome applications from those who are underrepresented at the Bar.
The following questions will form the Pupillage Application Questionnaire section
of the application form for this pupillage vacancy. These are included here to allow
you to prepare in advance.
- BC1: Why do you believe you will make a good barrister? In your answer, please identify any relevant experiences or skills that you believe may help you in your career (200 words)
- BC2: Why do you want to join our chambers? In your answer, please give reasons for your choice of chambers and explain why you are interested in our areas of practice (200 words)
- Please give an example of an occasion when you tried to change someone's mind about something. Briefly explain the situation, what you did or said, and what the result was. (200 words)
- Apart from your academic studies, which two experiences have been the most influential on you and why? (200 words)
- If you have previously applied for pupillage at KBW and been unsuccessful, how have you developed since that time?
To apply, please click on the Apply Online link below and then complete the online application form.