Name of AETO:
Address of AETO:
3 Madingley Road
Main practice area:
Mixed common law set
Crime; Family; Personal Injury; Probate; Employment; Property; Public Law; Commercial
Public Access Work; Mediation; Adjudication; Pro Bono
Number of junior tenancies (in the last three years):
Number of pupillages:
Financial support level:
£20,000 - £29,999
9 February 2022 at 2:00 PM
Pupillage start date:
12 month pupillage
Fenners Chambers are pleased to be able to offer one 12-month pupillage specialising in criminal law commencing September 2023.
Fenners Chambers is a warm and welcoming set based in Cambridge. It has a strong reputation for advocacy across many jurisdictions. The Criminal Team both defends and prosecutes. Following increased demand, we are now seeking to recruit a dedicated criminal law pupil wishing to build a future with us. We have a well-structured training programme designed with the aim to permit our pupil to progress into the Crown Court quickly and confidently, always ensuring you have the support you need. At Fenners, we strive for a genuine work/life balance and we have a collegiate atmosphere which we hope will be an asset to your career at the Bar.
The following questions will form the Pupillage Application Questionnaire section
of the application form for this pupillage vacancy. These are included here to allow
you to prepare in advance.
- Why do you want to join our chambers? In your answer, please explain what draws you to a regional practice? (250 words)
- Please identify any oral advocacy experience, relevant experience with the criminal justice system, work experience/mini-pupillages, or any other experience you have which you consider relevant to being a criminal advocate. (250 words)
- Thinking in terms of being a criminal and jury trial advocate, what qualities and/or skills do you believe you possess as an individual that would make you an outstanding one at Fenners Chambers? (250 words)
- If you could change one law, procedure or aspect of the criminal justice system, what would it be and why? (250 words)
- Give an example of where you made a mistake or error of judgement and explain how you overcame it and what you learnt from it? (250 words)
- If applicable, please tell us anything else you would like us to know about you of relevance to your application for pupillage. (200 words)
To apply, please click on the Apply Online link below and then complete the online application form.